- About our Course
- This is a career development programme, designed for individuals wishing to retrain or begin a brand new career as a qualified personal stylist, image consultant, and certified Style Coach™. You’ll have access to all the very best knowledge, tools, resources, and support you need to take your styling career to the highest levels!
Our online course includes advanced personal styling skills, life coach training, colour consultant training, business coaching and career training, unique forms, questionnaires, exercises and shareable resources for your business, lifetime email support and sample marketing material. You’ll also have access to our eLearning Platform and will be sent a stunning set of published training books to keep.
- What are the benefits of studying online?
- Studying online offers flexible study hours, no time constrains & minimal disruption to other commitments, it also enables you to trade otherwise wasted time for the chance to create a life & business you love. Studying from home does not have to mean studying alone! As an online student, you receive one-to-one support from our mentoring team & group support from our worldwide community.
- As part of your online diploma course, you’ll have immediate access to our user-friendly and interactive eLearning Platform. From here, you can study at your own pace and there are no cut-off times for completing the course! Many of our students have busy lifestyles, juggling existing work and family commitments, so it’s important that they can choose how, when and where they wish to study.
With our online personal styling course, you can study at any hour of the day or night, from any laptop, tablet or even your smart phone – or you may prefer the old-school option of reading our beautifully published training books (which we ship worldwide).
You have the freedom to complete the training as fast or slow as you like. Studying from home also means you can take your time over each module, rather than having to keep up with the learning pace in a classroom. This is especially helpful for students whose first language is not English. We promote self-paced learning, so if you need to take a break (for whatever reason) you have peace of mind knowing that when you’re ready, we’ll be waiting to help you get back on track.
- How long does the course take?
- Because each individual is different, it isn’t possible for us to say exactly how long the course will take YOU to complete. Based on our experience, the average time to complete the course is approximately 220hrs, or a typical timescale would be 3-6 months.
- What one-to-one support will I have?
- When you train with us online to become a personal stylist, image consultant and Style Coach™, you’ll be teamed up with your own Personal Mentor who will guide and support you through the training course. Your mentor will be chosen from our highly-experienced training team. You’ll be able to connect with your Mentor anytime you have a question, want to talk things through for extra clarity, or whenever you want to make sure you are on the right track! Your Mentor will review all of your assignments and offer helpful suggestions and feedback to make sure you get the most out of your training. You’ll be able to contact your mentor quickly and easily by email or our online forums, and via our active social networking communities.
- What community support will I have?
- Alongside our in-house mentoring, we also include 6 months of complimentary membership with the International Association of Style Coaches™, plus access to the IASC membership site with Monthly Masterclass Videos, webinars, downloadable resources added every month, monthly newsletters and a private Facebook group. Find out more at the International Association of Style Coaches here. You will also gain the support of a worldwide community of over 1600 professional Style Coaches™ and have the opportunity to network with other aspiring personal stylists. Studying from home doesn’t have to mean studying alone! We’re here to encourage, motivate, inspire and guide you on every step of your Style Coaching™ journey!
When you become a Style Coach™ you learn how to be an image consultant, as well as a Life Coach, plus you learn Personal Branding, Image Management, Personal Grooming, Personal Shopping, Color Consultancy, and even Self-Image Psychology. Our course contents are totally unique and unlike anything offered by other image consultant trainers! Here is a brief overview of what you can expect…
- Module One
- In this first training module, we begin with some core lessons about what Style Coaching™ is all about and how it differs from Personal Styling any other forms of image consultancy. We look at the Style Coaching™ framework, and introduce you to exclusive resources to give your sessions a professional edge. We explore the differences between ‘effortless style’ and ‘fashion’, and you’ll learn how to identify Style Personalities. Next, we discuss types of ‘style ruts’ and how to help clients overcome fashion insecurities. You’ll learn how to help people develop a unique style that expresses their personality. We share simple yet powerful life coaching tools and how to integrate them into your personal styling. You’ll also learn how to create budget plans for your clients.
- Module Two
- In this module, you’ll start to learn life coaching skills and basic self-image psychology. Discover ways to sensitively deal with the emotions often experienced in the ‘changing rooms’, empower your clients with positive body-image, and utilise a variety of life coaching tools to help clients ‘love the skin they’re in’. We’ll show you how to identify and work with your client’s body shape and we’ll discuss how the inner self-image is formed, shaped, and positively influenced. You’ll learn all about the ‘authentic self’ and our need for acceptance. We’ll teach you how to challenge your clients’ self-limiting beliefs and help them overcome self-doubt, while also creating incredible momentum for change.
- Module Three
- This module is packed with advanced personal stylist training that every Style Coach™, personal shopper, image consultant and fashion stylist needs to know! We share our tried and tested methods for accurate body shape analysis, and show you how to adapt your knowledge to every real-life scenario, so you can confidently dress every client, no matter their weight, shape, height, scale or proportions. We offer expert insights into the various cuts and styles of clothes that will balance each body shape and the role that accessories, fabrics, patterns and colours play when it comes to enhancing positive features and balancing proportions.
- Module Four
- In the first half of this module, you’ll learn how we integrate life coaching skills into the personal styling process at every opportunity. We explore rapport-building skills used by the best life coaches, we discuss ways to tactfully address delicate topics with your clients, and how to communicate on a deep and meaningful level to help your clients achieve long-lasting changes. You’ll learn fascinating insights into why Style Coaching™ works like no other form of personal styling, and the psychological theories that form its solid foundations. In the second half of Module Four, you’ll learn how to recognize incorrectly fitted garments and utilise various types of foundation wear, we offer personal styling tips and tricks for tall, petite, and plus-size clients, and show you how to choose every type of accessory to match your client’s Style Personality.
- Module Five
- In this module, you’ll start to develop the skills of a fashion consultant and wardrobe stylist. We also explore communication skills and start on your personal shopper training! You’ll learn every aspect of conducting a professional wardrobe audit, and will discover the psychological benefits your clients can expect to experience. We’ll share our unique resources that help you navigate this session with unparalleled professionalism. You’ll be developing your listening skills and learning how to adapt your communication for clients suffering low self-esteem. You’ll also be developing better verbal and vocal communication skills and learning how to interpret non-verbal communication, including body language and facial expressions. We’ll explain how to avoid communication mistakes commonly experienced by image consultants and how to empower your client instead of creating dependency. We’ll teach you everything you need to know about mastering the art of personal shopping – inc. all the practical considerations, as well as the psychology behind why we shop, how we shop, and how to become expert shoppers!
- Module Six
- In our sixth module, we explore various aspects of personal grooming, including hair, makeup and skin care for a complete image makeover. You’ll learn how to evaluate your client’s skin, hair and nail types and offer advice on appropriate grooming routines. You’ll learn how to identify common grooming mistakes and how to correct them, basic makeup theory and an introduction to cosmetic products and how to use them correctly. You’ll discover different face shapes, eyebrow shapes, lip shapes and eye shapes and how to tailor your clients’ makeup application to enhance their individual features. We discuss basic makeup application skills that you can pass onto your clients to help them create a natural daytime look, in addition to basic hair styling skills and haircare routines. You’ll also learn the Style Coaching™ ‘Top-to-Toe Care Plan’ for body skin care routines, manicures, pedicures and more!
- Module Seven
- This module firstly looks at every aspect of looking and feeling ‘Fab after 50’! You’ll learn how to help your mature clients to combat negative self-talk and embrace their evolving self-image as they enter different stages of life. Discover the power of your client’s beliefs about age, and how to set realistic goals for maintaining a youthful appearance while appreciating the blessings of maturity. Next, we dive into how to approach men’s personal styling and how it differs from women’s styling. You’ll learn about men’s body shapes, style personalities, colour analysis, plus how to choose suits, ties, and every other essential item found in the stylish man’s wardrobe. You’ll discover how to select shoes and accessories, and also learn when and how to use our exclusive men’s styling resources such as guides, forms, questionnaires, checklists, and more! You’ll even learn how to advise on men’s grooming, including skin and hair care topics. This module could be another course of its own!
- Module Eight
- In this module, our coach training is all about breaking through the barriers, understanding your client’s needs and values, and raising their self-awareness. You’ll learn how to become a ‘confidence coach’, and how clothes can impact your client’s confidence. We’ll explore body language so you can read vital messages about confidence and self-esteem, and help your clients nurture both. We’ll discuss what our clothes portray about us, and how to use awareness-boosting questionnaires to tactfully provide feedback to your clients. We’ll share our ‘7 Day Confidence Plan’, plus we’ll share key life coaching tools that you can use whenever your client needs to overcome a personal styling challenge. By the end of this module, you’ll have a clear understanding of how to ensure your personal styling results are long-lasting and meaningful, and how to avoid the most common problems faced by most image consultants.
- ALSO INCLUDED IN YOUR STYLE COACH™ DIPLOMA COURSE…
- Advanced Colour Analysis Training
- In our advanced colour analysis training, you’ll learn everything you need to know about becoming a colour consultant and offering a full colour consultancy service to your clients. You’ll learn all about colour history and the psychology of colour, using colour schemes in outfits, as well as seasonal and tonal colour analysis. Most importantly, we translate this knowledge into practical and applicable skills so you can confidently offer an accurate colour analysis service. Unlike many colour courses, we teach you how to work with Caucasian, African and Asian skin tones, as well as choosing colours for both men and women! We also include a wide range of digital colour analysis tools and resources, included in your course.
- Personal Stylist Career & Business Training
- Whether you choose to market yourself as a Style Coach™, or have plans to become a personal shopper, image consultant, colour consultant or fashion stylist, our business training opens up all your career opportunities. We help you to visualise your overall business plan and take full advantage of your competitive edge as a certified Style Coach™. You’ll learn how to uncover self-limiting beliefs and embrace the empowering opportunity to create your own employment or apply for jobs in the fashion industry. We teach you every aspect of successfully marketing your personal styling business online, and strategies for marketing yourself offline in your local town or city. We include an extensive library of exclusive digital downloads in our ‘Business & Career Pack’, plus, we share over 3 hours of ‘Business in Style Webinars’ in collaboration with celebrity stylist, Kelly Lundberg.
- Speak Like A Stylist: Beauty & Image Vocab
- Communicate confidently as a personal stylist by learning the vocabulary used by experienced professionals. This guide acts as an in-depth dictionary of all the key terms used by image consultants, personal shoppers and beauty professionals around the world. In addition to a detailed glossary of terms, we also feature diagrams and illustrations so you can become familiar with different types of garments, their cuts, sleeve styles and necklines. We have even included a pronunciation guide so you can learn how to speak about designer brands without hesitation or embarrassment! This training guide is a priceless reference for newcomers to the image industry, as well as experienced image professionals. It is also a valuable resource for Style Coaches™ who would like to prepare for the AICI Certified Image Consultant (CIC) Exam. We ensure that each defined term is compatible within the context of the AICI Core Competencies and the AICI CIC Exam.
As a student of our online course, you’ll receive a beautiful set of published training books (delivered to your home) and you’ll also have instant access to our eLearning Platform where you can view your course modules online – anytime, anywhere, using your preferred device. The printed training books are ideal if you prefer studying offline, with the option of writing notes and highlighting key points.
- Introducing our eLearning Platform…
- Our cutting-edge eLearning Platform is where you’ll be able to access all your online course materials (a wide selection of PDFs, videos & audio files). As well as insightful reading, we also have several audio and video tutorials presented by Tracey Beaumont & Kate Redmond. Tracey and Kate guide you through a series of light-hearted clothing demonstrations and style personality lessons, which are packed full of invaluable styling tips and expert advice for ‘mixing and matching’.
Also in the eLearning Platform, you will find an exclusive ‘Business & Career Pack’. This digital folder is packed full of invaluable resources for your personal styling business – for example: template promotional materials, trademarked Certified Style Coach™ logos, printable ‘Season Selector™’, ‘Check My Colours™’ and body shape analysis tools (which are also designed for sharing across multiple devices), shareable info-booklets, top-rated educational articles from the International Association of Style Coaches™, and so much more! We even include over 50 uniquely designed exercises, forms and questionnaires to enable qualified Style Coaches™ to effortlessly integrate powerful coaching tools and techniques into every session with their clients.
Each module of your course is clearly presented and you will be able to progress through your studies with an easy ‘step-by-step’ format. The course is updated on a regular basis to keep it current, and is presented in full-colour with modern and inspiring images and infographics so your learning is fun and engaging! Through the eLearning Platform, you can also complete all your assignments, send messages to your mentor, and open discussions in our Q&A forum.
- Your Stunning Study Books
- To complement our eLearning Platform, we also deliver a stunning set of study books straight to your door, no matter where you live in the world! Our study books are light-hearted, easy to read, and entertaining… Forget any previous associations you might have to boring school work, because we’re reinventing study time to make it a pleasure!
Here’s a description of the books you’ll receive:
- Two primary ‘Training Guides’ (each one featuring over 300 pages of information-rich content)
- Coaching Workbook with over 50 exclusive exercises
- Advanced Colour Analysis Training
- Personal Stylist Business Training
- Speak-Like-A-Stylist: Personal Styling Vocabulary Guide
We offer guaranteed delivery of your study books worldwide. We can ship your study books worldwide by standard mail at no charge, or we can also you offer the option of upgrading your shipping to Express Courier when you enrol online.
- The diploma examination process
The online Style Coach™ diploma course features eight modular quizzes and participants also need to complete a diploma examination paper. You do not need to attend an examination centre; the project and exam is not timed and is completed from home. The online assignments are light-hearted and engaging, and help you to integrate your learning!The diploma examination process requires you to find a volunteer to be Style Coached™ on a pro-bono basis; this is a great opportunity for you to practice all your new personal styling and life coaching skills and gain confidence in your new abilities. All of the assignments are ‘question and answer’ format, so that you know exactly what to do, and what information is required. Our eLearning Platform and our printed course books are incredibly easy and clear to follow!
- Certification & Trademarks
Successful Style Coaching Institute® graduates – GSCI(hons) – are awarded a Diploma Certificate in Professional Style Coaching™ – Dip, PSC – and are issued with an exclusive licence to represent themselves as authentic Style Coaches™ and use our internationally registered trademark. Graduates are added to a worldwide register of certified Style Coaches™ so that their credentials can be verified on demand.
Our graduates are eligible to apply for accredited membership of the International Association of Style Coaches™ (MIASC) and are also eligible to gain accreditation through the Federation of Image Consultants (FIPI) Masters certification. This dynamic organisation offers you the chance to network extensively with other image consultants and develop your professional image career via master classes, seminars, workshops, annual conference and events held throughout the year. Once you have joined FIPI you become an Affiliate Member and can progress to become a recognised Master by taking modules of FIPI/City & Guilds Masters Certification Award in Image Consultancy.
Graduates can also consider becoming members of the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI) and, if they wish to continue their education and gain further credentials, they can apply to take the AICI Certified Image Consultant (CIC), Certified Image Professional (CIP) and Certified Image Master (CIM) examinations.
Option One: Pay in one upfront payment
- Total cost when you pay upfront: £1590 GBP
Option Two: Pay-as-you-learn with a monthly payment plan
- Total cost when you spread the payments over 10 months: £1845 GBP (Pay today: £345 GBP, Plus: 10 x monthly payments of £150 paid on the 1st day of each month)*
Would you like to find out the course fees in your local currency? No problem! We offer quotes in several different currencies over at our enrolment form. Click on ‘Enrol Now’ and you’ll find the currency switcher on the side of the enrolment page.
* If you choose to ‘Pay-As-You-Learn’ with a monthly payment plan, please be aware that the deposit of £345 is payable when you submit your enrolment form, and each monthly payment of £150 shall be taken on the 1st day of each month for 10 repetitions. Please note that your first payment of £150 will be processed on the 1st day of the next upcoming month. For more information, it is vital to read our Terms & Conditions before enrolling.
+4420 8133 9003 (Skype number)
Schedule a phone consultation